Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2005, 11:36 PM

Default VEGAS

I should have put this thread on thist forum instaed of the Holdem forum but oh well, any help would be appreciated.
Well, In the fall I will moving to Las Vegas to play the game we all love. I am predominately a limit cash game player and have been grinding a simple menial wage and live within my means. I feel its time for the Big show! for 4 years now. I play $1-$2 to $15 - $30 Holdem, pot-lim Omaha high and NL(usually $500 buy-in). I will taking my car,clothes,poker literature and my bankroll of about $20,000. I have not played any major tournaments so Ill stick to the smaller sattelites etc when I get there until I hopefully can build up to the next level.

I know my craft well but I thought Id better get some good info and pointers to help me on my journey. So, Please answre the following questions the best you can & any pointers would be appreciated.

What are the best places to play in Vegas at the limits I play where I can avoid the pros and "rocks" and hit the tourists for there money?

What advice would you give(any of you who live in Vegas) to someone moving there?

Thanx