Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 PM

Default 77 meets flop aggression (20-40)

Live 20-40 home game (5 handed, nobody else will leave the 5-10 to play higher)

The player to my right is weak tight, both passive PF and passive postflop, if he raises, its the nuts or darn close to it, but he folds this hand.

Im in the CO and I have a solid LAG image, I have to be playing at least 30-35% of hands gettign decent cards, but the situations that are arising are just very profitable to play and Im up over a nickel at this point and were less than an hour in. Im very aggressive Preflop and not meeting much resistance postflop where I'm continuing the aggression. Ive shown down 1 hand so far and that was top two pair.

Button is just plain bad but he will limp with a lot of hands will not reraise PF w/o AA or KK and will float on occassion, he folds this hand too.

SB is on the loose side, and his postflop skills probably couldn't beat the Party 2/4 full games.

BB is the only other decent player at the table, very predicatbale though because we've played before. Has a propensity to ait until the turn to raise his bigger hands and is really tired at tis point of me assulting his blinds. (which I have been with all honesty) He plays okay postflop. He knows I'm solid.

Anyway onto the hand.

Folded to me in the CO I raise 77, button folds, SB folds, BB grumbles and calls.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, BB checkraises, I three bet, he calls.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks..

Play?