Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Weird happenings, what should I make of it?

So this afternoon I was sleeping on the couch of me and my fiance's home. My laptop is sitting at my feet open. She gets home from school about 1:00 and I wake up for a few minutes and talk to her, then I proceed to go back to sleep.

Then, I wake up at 4:30 and she is gone. I open up my computer, and several of my logs from AIM are open. (I use trillian and it logs every conversation I have). They have some 'incriminating' parts of conversations highlited. By incriminating I mean about me smoking marijuana, or going to a strip club, or talking about meeting this other girl (that I didn't do anything with). She would be extremely pissed at me, and could take extreme measures if she knew about any of these things.

So, at first glance it would seem as though she opened these up, highlited them, and then left. So, the first thing I do is call her to see where she is and assess how bad the damage is. When I call her she is working out at the gym, and seems perfectly fine. I ask her if anything is wrong, and she says no, and means it. (I can tell).

So now things get a little more complicated. She would definitely sound pissed if she had read this stuff. Also, the files that were open (and most of my logs) are extremely huge and would take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to read individually. So, there would have to have ben a lot of searching going on to find this incriminating stuff. Also, my fiance isn't extremely computer savvy, and it is rather complicated to open these logs. I really don't think she would know how to open them, or be tenacious enough to read through the huge files.

There is a small outside chance that I could have manipulated the mouse with my foot while I was sleeping, but I don't know.

Well, she just walked in the door..... anyone have any thoughts on how I should handle this situation?