Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Would you say there is a correlation.....

Just to muddy the waters...

I would say that some players may be naturally predisposed to play a better game at a certain level. Assuming that each level plays different and each person has different strengths then one person may find the 100's easier than the 11's.

For example, I can naturally beat the UB 11's, no stunning ROI or anything but my bankroll does grow. I can not naturally beat the party SNG's. Sure I could learn, sure the fish are all as fishy at either site. The play is different though.. deep stacks vs small stacks fast escalation vs slow escalation.

My point is that I am naturally suited to the UB structure. As you move up the buy-ins different skills come into play and different styles of play are rewarded. Stealing the blinds is an advanced play to some $5 fish, I have seen some aggressive noobies temporarilly rule an expensive table. The wild play put the sharks on edge, they simply had forgotten how to handle a foolish maniac, or they were biding there time to take him down, who knows.

Same goes for the higher buy-ins. Some folks may find a higher buyin easier than a lower buy in. In general though I think the rule is higher==harder, ther are of course exceptions.

--
tjh