Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Poker Sites and Whores

I was just wondering what poker sites think of people chasing bonuses. Any thoughts?

I figure they find them acceptable because with all the competition among sites, it is important to bring in people periodically who would be chasing bonuses at other sites. As there will always be smaller sites trying to attract players, the bigger sites will feel a need to periodically woo back customers. Probably even the super huge sites like Party.

Now, I think it is a perfectly logical assumption that each site knows how much trafic a reload bonus brings in and has run the numbers to see what level of response is economically benificial. It probably depends upon the amount of regular non-bonus chasers they have.

I also would think that there is probably a percentage of people who only chase bonuses that each site figures they can stand (who will play elsewhere when the bonus is over)and beyond which it is no longer economically feasible to offer reload bonuses.

That said, they DO get their money from the rake and even though they offer reload bonuses, they are making money...up to a point anyway. If you win while chasing a bonus, they get a portion of that bonus back from you. If you lose, there is a point in your losses at which continuing to try and clear your bonus is no longer economically feasible.

Anyway, those are my rambling, lazy Sunday thoughts...yours?

Thanks,
Leavenfish