Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Uncomfortable Situations

This is inspired by a story Gin N' Tonic posted in the baby announcement thread. Here's the story:

[ QUOTE ]
Quick Story - I'm working in a photographic shop, the guy from our film lab comes in with a framed photo of some kid to put on the counter to show off their new canvas printng service.

Me "It's a great service, but couldn't you have picked a better looking kid - I mean that child is seriously ugly. He looks like an axe murderer or something"

Him "That's my grandson"

*I'd like the earth to swallow me up now please*

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone have other situations like this. I love hearing about these. I have a friend who this constantly happens to.

He was at Medieval Times with a class trip in senior year of high school and he was sitting next to a guy that he planned to room with in the dorms because they were both going to the same school. He was yelling at the opposing team's knight and trying to come up with medieval diseases that the guy could die from. Don't ask me why, Medieval Times makes people act like morons. Anyway, he yelled "I hope you get Lupus and die!" His buddy next to him turns to him and goes "Dude, my mom died of Lupus."

So, about a year later he's in the dorms, and he's relating the story to a cute girl that lives in the next room. He tells the story above and caps it off with "Who dies of Lupus?" The chick starts crying and tells him her Aunt just recently died of Lupus.