Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Feelings of guilt re: family

It sounds like you're playing for enjoyment and escape time.

Don't lose it all; play under your skill level if you need to. If you have to cash out $1000 to buy her a car, play some micro.

The 18 year old should need very little at this point other than a cash supply [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Is she in school full time or part time? Does she have a job?

You should make sure you spend as much time as you can with the 13 year old. This is an important time in their lives and you might be surprised what you end up with if you don't make an investment. She won't want anything to do with you in a couple of years, anyway. Enjoy it now. Do some homework, cook with her, whatever she likes to do. Keep her busy.

You don't need to spend a million dollars on her to be a good parent. It sounds like you are taking care of things financially. I don't see how you can feel guilty if you aren't depositing.

You need free time and poker is just as good a hobby as any other. You have to take of yourself or you wno't be able to take care of your family. Every member of the family needs time off.

Please step back and reflect for a moment. Be proud of yourself for being a good parent to these children. Be happy that you were able to do something decent in this world. I'm proud of you and I don't even know you.

Best,
Pinga