Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 AM

Default The Dreaded Showdown, I hate wannabe pros

I'm getting sick of the Hollywood [censored] in the game I host. 3 or 4 guys see the hand all the way to the end, all 4 are unfamiliar with who has to show their hand first so there is a significant delay before I have to chime in, "Hey A-hole, you bet the river, you have to show." A-hole responds, "OH! I have nothin! Rolls over his Ace high." The other 3 sit there with a stupid look on their face, Ok retard you were the first to call you show next 'Oh umm...I had bottom pair is it good?" I don't know let's find out! Other 2 sit there confused. Ok gasbag you show next! "OH umm...i missed my flush." Last player folds in disgust and says "WTF??!?! Bottom pair beat me??" Then he mucks em.

I want to introduce a "See the Showdown See the Cards" rule here and it has not been welcomed with open arms. haha This kinda crap slows down my game, and some levels go by with very few hands because of incidents like this.

One thing I wonder, how does the rule work when...k...I know there is a rule in place somewhere, where any player can request to see a player's mucked hand. I remember reading a 2+2 post about a player that kept asking to see hands, and one guy purposely fired his cards into a shuffled muck and there was an uproar over that.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope.

P.S. the thing that makes me laugh is we are not playing for big money here, the money is almost insignificant.

(And why can I check the player's cards in Hand History for Party Poker, even if he mucked em?? There has to be some kind of rule for that, help me!)