Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: \"Card Dead\" -- How do you deal with it?

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday playing B&M 4-8 w/ 1/2 kill.
Every so often, but seemingly more frequently than others, I'll have a session where I just get NO cards. This happened to me again yesterday. I bought in for a rack, played for about 2 hours and dragged exactly one hand, and that on a bluff. During that time, I had no pair larger that 7's, no Big Broadway suited or not, and suited aces twice, neither of which led anywhere. Finally down to just a few chips, I left. I play reasonably tight pre-flop, much like the recommendations in SSH for "loose" games.

The sad thing was, it was a great table. There were two mega-fish playing, limping and betting with anything, and dragging a lot of pots. It was a great opportunity, had I had anything.

I thought about re-buying, and that's really my question. But I had the thought that while I was coping, and understood that this stuff happens, I didn't want to lose another rack. I could easily afford another rack financially but I wasn't sure I could from an emotional standpoint.

I also could have switched tables, bought in like it was the start of the day, and gone on.

Does this happen to you with any frequency? And if so, how do you deal with it? Your ideas and help will be appreciated.

bill c

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold till I am so disgusted I can't stand it anymore and then I go have beer and I go home.