Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Butchered KK

$2/$4 NL at Prima

1 limper to me and I raise to $20 with KK. Next guy calls as does the limper.

The limper is not very good. The LP caller is very loose and very bad. A calling station.

EP limper started with $200. I have $480. LP has me covered.

Pot is $66. The flop comes Q86 rainbow. EP checks, I bet $40 and they both call. I dont know why I bet only $40. I think $60 is better.

Pot is $186. The turn is a 2. EP checks. Do you ever check here? Standard play would be to bet $125ish right? I checked. I had a feeling one of them may have a set since they both called on a drawless board.

My plan when I checked was to see what LP did. If he bet and EP folded , I was going to check raise all in. If LP bet a significant amount and EP called or raised, I think I have a problem.

Im pretty sure betting is better, which is why the title of this post is "butchered KK".

What do you think about the turn play? Do you ever check here to make it look like you have AK?

Ive found I get called on the flop alot of times by JJ or TT and if I check the turn , they bet the river, but if I bet the turn, I assume they would fold.

Anyway, LP also checked it thru.

the river was another queen and EP pushed all in for $135 or so. I folded as did LP.

Yuck!