Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2005, 03:03 AM

Default AJs in Small Blind

I was playing 10/20 Limit at pokerroom.com in this hand. AsJs was my hand.

Everyone had folded to the button who had been agressive(too aggressive, it seemed, for his skill level) and raising the blinds the last few round on the button and one off the button, when folded to him. I thought then that his raise then, could easily be a steal attempt, and even if he had a hand it would be marginal at best. Maybe a weak Ace or high cards(without an ace) or worse.

So I 3-bet, figuiring that I was probably ahead of the raiser. The big blind folds and now the button reraises, and I call.

Flop comes down Jc-8s-10c. I check and he bets. Call/Raise/Fold. I call, figuiring that he would most likely bet after capping now matter what and I wanted to see if my backdoor flush draw would become live.

Turn is the 3d. I check he bets. Call/raise/fold. Back door flush fizzles, but I can't help but think my top pair is best, yet I did not want to risk the bet, fearing that he might re-raise me, even if he did not have what he was representing. I call, intending to call him down.

River is the 5s. I check he bets and I call.

Thoughts before I post his hand, on all streets and preflop would be great.
Thank You.