Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Tough Spot

5/5 NL Local Game

Hero ~ $1200
Villain ~ $1500

I have a good image at the table and respect from just about everyone. Villain and I are well-acquainted and he is the best player at this table and respects me, but is apt to make a move on me because he likes to prove he has testicular fortitude at the table from time to time.

Hero dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in UTG +1

Hero raises to $30, folded to Villain in MP who calls, LAG on button calls, blinds fold.

FLOP ($105): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets $100, Villain raises to $225, button folds.

What is my best move here? Raise was my immediate thought as there is a solid chance he could be making this play with nut diamonds as well as two pair like KQ or QJs. Do I wanna raise here and pot-commit myself on the flop or check-raise the turn all-in (it is almost certain he will bet diamonds even if he doesn't get there on 4th street)?

Results to follow if interest/posts merits them.