Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Party Thievery

I was playing 10/20 6max just a few minutes ago, and went to showdown with a hand I felt sure was the winner. My opponent bet, I raised, and he called. Just before my cards were displayed both of our cards, the button, and the pot dissappeared from the table. A message came up in the chat saying something along the lines of: "Sorry for the inconvenience, this table has been closed for maintenance." There was some table chat, and I verified that I had the best hand at showdown. Then everyone got kicked off the table.

The hand history for this hand is unavailable.

I was on eurobet at the time, and get this e-message from their support:

"Dear Two_Outer
We apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered while playing at table Table 11303 on 04/12/2005.
From our records, we have found that you had $527 at the start of the game in which the problem occurred. This game has been considered as a 'misdeal' and we have refunded the money back to your account.
We appreciate your support and your patience.
We look forward to seeing you at the tables soon.
Good Luck,
The Coral Eurobet Poker Support Team."

I wrote back this:

To whom it may concern:

This is incorrect. This hand was played to completion and went to showdown. I had the winning hand, and I demand to be compensated accordingly.

Sincerely,

John Robb (Two_Outer)

This would have been highly annoying and horrible service if it had happened in the middle of the hand, but in this case I think returning all money wagered would be acceptable. But in this case the hand had been completed and we had gone to showdown. The money in the pot was rightfully mine. This happened to anybody else?