Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Crazy hand - AQo vs. TAG button

Set up: Villian is a tight aggressive player, but he's overly aggressive, he bets and raises everytime he's in a hand. Moreoever, the last time we were in the situation, it folded around to him and he raised from the button to steal the blinds. So this was identical to that, and I thought, "Hell, he's just trying to steal again."

This hand generated a bunch of conversation at the table aftewards and my friends were also intrigued. Interested in y'all's thoughts.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button :Villian raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button :Villian calls.

So when he called the 3-bet, I think, OK, he's got overs or a pair. Lets see what happens.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Villian calls.

So I bet to see where I stood, he raises, like he always did, so I three bet. I figured if he capped, he'd had something and I could fold. But he only called.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian calls.

Again, I bet to see if he was willing to give up on his steal yet. And he just called. So at this point, I had no idea.

River: (8.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, Hero calls.

Now, I was just like, whatever, so i bet, he raised, and I called, figuring I was only beat by AK (I was pretty sure at this point he had face cards of some sort).

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Thoughts?

Editted to fix the river action (sorry).