Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2003, 12:47 AM

Default Almost the whole table went on tilt-did I ruin this game?

This morning I played in probably the tightest 10-20 game I'd ever seen. I got my seat in MP and as I waited for the blinds I saw 5 consecutive chops. Once I started playing obviously my bluffs went up. I was winning but usually only the blinds. Then it hit me. I post my first ever straddle as I say "let's get some in there". Oh man the looks I got. Basically what happened was I flopped a set against a flopped 2 pair and a turned 2 pair, and took down a huge pot. Now I'm by no means am I an action junkie, and I know I got lucky but just about everyone went on tilt after that hand as if I ruined they're nice game. Fortunately I got smacked w/ the deck and cashed +40 BB in about 2 hours. This is the only card room around me, and now alot of these guys don't really care for me. See I used to play at nite, but now my work schedule has changed so I'll be playing more w/ the morning regulars. Just curious but have I made a bad reputation for myself in 1 sitting? And if a game is the only game at you're limit and it's super tight should you try to loosen it up, or wait for better conditions? Thanks. Jeff