Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Nice Fold! (low content, maybe amusing)

5/5 game at a NY club (the one with a really high WPT envy factor). I've been there 45 min but never played with anyone at this table. Typical uber LAG play all around. I've got $485.

I'm on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Raised to 30 by UTG+1, two others call, I call and then both blinds call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop raiser (who I already know can raise or bet with anything) bets $200. Two folds to me and I call. Blinds fold.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Raiser bets $250. I have $255 left so I through it all in. That means there is $1085 in the pot and the re-raiser is facing a "re-raise" of $5.

He says, "I don't have the outs to call" and flips over 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I would have thought there was no situation not worth getting 216:1 to see the last card, but maybe that was it.