Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Fantasy Baseball v. Fantasy Football

With the start of the baseball season (and more importantly, the fantasy baseball season) I find myself debating over which one I enjoy more: fantasy football or baseball. While football was my awkward teenage loss of virginity in the fornicating adventures of fantasy sports, as I grow older and experiment more with imaginary teams and fantasies, I find that I seem to enjoy fantasy baseball slightly more than fantasy football. I was curious as to how others felt. Do you prefer fantasy baseball or fantasy football?

Do you think it relates to approaches to the game? Do micromanagers prefer one over the other? Do hands off people enjoy one over the other?

Fantasy baseball is a very long season and I know at least half my league stops paying attention around June 10th. I however, like the fact there are more players, a lot of stats and a different ways to build really good teams in a straight 5x5, 12 team roto league.

Football, on the other hand, has games count more and since everything happens (for the most part) within 6 hours, it makes for an intense climax to a week of sifting through injury reports, offensive/defensive matchups, and waiver wires.

Baseball, however, wins with a slight edge for me, mostly because I can make more moves/trades/ and I enjoy the strategy more. I also think I like setting a lineup every day.

Interested to hear what others think.

-AA

P.S. Fantasy basketball doesn't count in this discussion because I hate it. Also, neither does fantasy hockey, because that's the only place it exists this season: in your imagination. <font color="white"> Eat a dick, Screwtape.</font>