Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Observations on the 2002 WSOP TV event..

Just a few casual observations having watched the 2002 WSOP.

1. Sure as hell, they found a way to milk the Phil Hellmuth incident....irritating to say the least...ah well.

2. Early on, Gabe (who does better color then Jerry Van Dyke) - mentions that they can see the cards, but not the players...but i THOUGHT he said it was on the monitors as well...that was a shock if it's true...I wouldn't let ANYONE see those cards till they're face up.

3. I can immediately tell pretty quickly who the so called pros are and the so called amateurs...the so called amateurs looked like they were having a LOT MORE FUN!!! - LOL -

4. I clearly have to start playing Q10 offsuit more...

5. by and large these players have no personalities....nice people, but God did they die in front of the camera when they talked with Gabe, although Russell seemed to have a bit of life in him...I love his read of the Q10 in front of Andre?

6. Even ugly poker players tend to have cute women....wonder if this is directly related to their charm or their wallet...LOL

7. It felt to me like the nicest guy at the table won....I'm glad.

hope I can win a seat to 2003 - but if Pokerstars doesn't start holding round 2 satellites on alternating weekends, you'll be playing without me [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

pax
RB