Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Game selection?

I'll start by saying this is my absolute first poker post ever, on any forum. I've been lurking around 2+2 for about a month and have found the content to be helpful for the most part. So my newbie question is this. What games/limits should I be playing? I made my first $100 deposit at Party in February and have grown that to about $1500 on the $25Nl tables. Most of that I've taken out for bills and what not so I don't have a very big bankroll. I normally keep about $150 in my account and that tends to be enough for me to withdraw every other week and not have to reload. The reason I'm asking about different limits is because I eventually want to move up to higher stakes without the possibility of going broke. No limit is nuts. I know this. But at these stakes and with these players it's been profitable for someone with some decent knowledge of the game like myself. Should I switch to limit? At what limits can I sustain a decent monthly profit ($400-$500) and not have to have a $5k bankroll? Am I an idiot? I am not going to proofread this post because my thoughts are all over the place and I want the post to come across that way as well. Hopefully I've asked my question clear enough for some decent responses. I'm sure there are details I've left out so feel free to ask away. ina nutshell: I want to be a better player : I want to make money playing poker (side income) : I am intelligent and have the patience and determination to do so : what games and limits should I play?