Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Too aggressive? (similar to the hot thread about Daliman\'s hand)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Even if he does have crap for brains this is an easy push IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking...

I'm not sure you can construct a calling hand range that is actually bad for Hero here (some will be worse than others of course). However, I've run no #s yet, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

IF you're willing to assume that the SB is pushing with any two, then the calcs say you're +10% EV to call with 66+, ATo+, A9s+, or KJs.

This STILL doesn't means that it's +$EV...

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't find a range of calling hands the BB could call the SB's Q5o with here that would make the allin from the SB -$EV. If he's calling with a HUGE range then it becomes marginal...but still +$EV.

I don't think even the biggest chump would callin with any two in the BB here.

Interestingly for calling from the BB, the +$EV range is smaller than I thought unless u know the SB is a very good player pushing with any two (even then it's tight).

Yugoslav
I'd call with AA-QQ and AK in the BB here....maybe a few more if SB big stack is a huge maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... are you using eastbay's tool? I just plugged it and asked it to compute the call hands. If I put in EXACTLY Q5o, you get a much wider range: 55+, AQo+, KQo, A5o, A5s, K5o, K5s, Q9o+, Q8s+.

Note: all this should be caveated with the fact that this functionality is still experimental, I believe. eastbay can probably elaborate...