Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Strategy Change - Tired of being a donator!

Been playing really horrible lately live and have put alot of thought into why I've been pissing away my stack. Here's my thoughts:
1) the tables are really loose with consistanlty one or two pf raisers and live stradlers - they show down very questionable hands ie. q10o, a5o, even 84s!!!!
2) I'm sitting there waiting patiently for premo cards, playing them but staying with them too long only to get rivered by longshots.
3) I'm not RAISING with hands I should in later positions (MP3-CO) on these loose tables such as A7s-A10s, KJs, AQo, KQo, 88-JJ -> weak!
4) My bad habit of loose calls on the flop with coordinated boards with middle pair or TPWK is costing me dearly because these loosies stick around in the face of raises while I continue to draw to second or 3rd best hand such as two pair or sets (Do I forget my brain at home?).

Bottom line is this:
1) I'm doing a really crappy job of adjusting to the loose conditions.
2) I'm trying to play only super premium cards and missing out on opportunities to win chips - start playing smaller suited connectors a little earlier such as 34s-78s, small pps 22-66.
3) Fold more more when I'm not getting a good piece of the flop and raising when I do.
4) Get out of the weak tight habit of just calling. See these situations as fold or raise but seldom "just call".
5) Play more drawing hands and stop becoming so in love with my high cards.

Well, that's the long of it. What do you think?