Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2003, 02:11 PM

Default Pocket Sticks and scary board

This is a 3-6 game at the Stardust in Vegas. The table is all local players, most of which seem to play pretty well. I'm just in town for the day, so have never played with any of them before.

I raise UTG with A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I get 2 MP limper and 2 LP limpers. All others fold.

Flop: A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

I lead with a bet. 2 MP and 1 LP fold and the other calls. Heads up now.

Turn: Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] [A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]]

I bet, other player raises. I know he has the straight. I call.

River: 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] [Q [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]]

I check and call to see his K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] giving the Ace high straight.

In hindsight I feel like I should have reraised on the turn to make him think I had the flush, but I’m not sure what that would have done for me. If he had simply called, then what? He didn't seem to be a very aggressive player, nor am I sure he would have folded his straight.
Was this just a situation to suck it up and check call to the river, like I did? Anyone think I should have folded? Or should I have played it more aggressively? Any advice on plays pre-flop through the river would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ashley