Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2005, 08:44 AM

Default RBS Taxes Sucks, IMHO

Being the first year I've had significant gaming income, I decided to hire the pros to do my taxes. I have suggested RBS Taxes to people in the past, but boy was I wrong. I hereby withdraw that endorsement.

I called them up, described exactly what was on my returned, and they quoted me a price. I agreed, they sent me a questionaire, I filled it out and sent it back with all my forms. Everyone's happy.

They received the forms from my over a week ago. Then these [censored] clowns call me yesterday, and say "we can't do this return for the price we quoted you". Apparently having a few mutual funds, and a single sale trade during year (all of which I disclosed to them before they quoted a price) is too damn complicated for these people. As a lot of you know, either you are filling out a schedule D or you are not, in reality it makes little difference if you have 2 or 6 long-term mutual funds. When I asked how much it would be to get it done, they price they quoted was now double the original price.

I especially loved when she said "well, you're filing as a professional gambler...". WTF!?! "No, I am not, I filled out that I am a software developer, and my gambling income is 'recreational'". "Oh, well we never got a W-2". WTF!?! "Well I sent one, so you had better damn find it immediately."

Their book may be good, I really don't know, and I really don't [censored] care. But, I strongly suggest that you do NOT hire these tools to prepare your return.