Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

The other day Paul Phillips wandered by my $2-5 game (shorthanded at the time) and dropped down what was left of his $10 chips from the $40-$80 limit game. He started firing right off the bat which didnt suprise me. In less than 30 minutes he had already burned through at least 4- $500 buy-ins. Raising to $20-$30 pre every hand, BIG dark bets when first to act, calling big bets with middle pair when checkraised big or all in, calling all in bets with draws and not nearly the odds.

To me his play looked horrible but Im wondering if he was taking all of these shots with the worst of it in order build a huge stack. Here is an example and my last hand at the table...

PP has a brand new $500 stack and raises a straddler to $50 LP comes over the top all in for $300, BB goes all in for about $400, He thinks for a second and calls w/ T7s.

It looked to me like this guy was just giving his money away but his attitude suggested that he was just gambling a bit and that all of the chips would be his soon. Do you guys think there is a method to his madness or think that he was just throwing a party for the table.

THE OUTLAW