Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Incident at a popular cardroom

I won't use any names or the name of the room, but I was playing some LL hold 'em last night, and one of the players there had a ridiculous outburst at the table. I don't play in this room very often (a consequence of geography more than anything else), but every time I've played this guy, we'll call him Pete, has been there. Apparently he's a regular at low and mid limits.

So Pete has had a rough night. He's bounced from table to table, been badly bluffed out of a few pots, lost some tight showdowns and rebought several times.

It's around 11:30 on Sunday night and he flops the nut straight. Pete and another player play back and forth at each other. The other player flopped two pair, and turns a boat. So they play back and forth all the way through and Pete loses. Not only did he lose the hand, but he lost his cool.

He stands up, grabs his chips, blurts out something incoherent (English was apparently not his native language and he is tough to understand) and holds his chips clenched in a fist over his head. Then as he's walking away, says to the dealer, "I flop the nut straight, and then from the middle of the deck you pull this card from heaven." He continues to blab on as he's walking out of the room.

The dealer called the manager over (Pete had already left) and said that she thought Pete was going to hit her. I didn't really get the impression he was going to get violent, though others at the table did. Everyone agreed this guy was making a total jackass of himself. The manager agreed that Pete's behavior was completely unacceptable, and was made worse because of his words/actions towards an employee.

Has anyone seen stuff like this? I've played in numerous card rooms all over the country and never seen someone act so immature and ridiculous.

Do you all think this is a ban-able offense? And because this guy apparently is a regular in this card room, should management treat him any differently?