Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Trying to apply SSH concepts at Party 1/2. AJo in middle position.

I just finished reading SSH and I'm struggling to adapt my play to become more aggressive and push when the pot is large. Sometimes I think I overdo it, though... I haven't settled in at 1/2 yet, I'm coming from 0.5/1 where I'm more comfortable.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Nice big pot. Pre-flop 3-better bets the flop which is to be expected. I raise to wrestle the tight CO out of the pot. I have no good read on SB, so it's hard to say if I'm ahead or not. When he just calls I figure I might have a shot. Was the raise over the top?

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Hm. SB does not want to slow down. I have picked up a gutshot to the nuts which I estimate is worth a call. The pot is laying 8.5 to 1, but I expect another bet from SB on the river which I can raise if I hit my straight making it 10.5 to 1 (or does it?). Should I count any outs with my overcard? Weak call?

River: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

This might be the big mistake in the pot. Folding for just one bet on the river. Against a pre-flop 3-better I figure he has a high PP or AK-AT, where I tie with AJ and loose to the rest. I fold. With an A on the river I would have called, but not with a J. Mistake?

Final Pot: 10.50 BB