Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Opinions on the Dell Dimension 4700

Hi All,

I'm just getting into online play and have been doing 2 tables with my Sony Vaio laptop for about a week after finally getting a high speed hook-up last week. welcome to the 21st century. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've decided to go ahead and get a nice computer for the girlfriend and myself.

Now, keep in mind I know almost nothing about computers and have done the 2 table thing for about a week now at lower limits to get the hang of it. I'm the opposite of the internet player that can't handle chips. I'm the BM player that can't handle a mouse and posted his blinds UTG+1 and folded instead of checking my first time out! Anyhow, after getting the feel, I can definitely see the enormous profit potential.

I looked into a Dell Dimension 4700 with a 21" 2001FP monitor upgrade. According to what I could find in the archives and the FAQ's, this moniter should support the 1600x1200 resolution that's required to get 4 tables on a screen with no overlap. The cost is @ $1275. Are there any other options I should look at or any advice before I go ahead and purchase?

Thanks in advance.