Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: The \"lifespan\" of Online Poker

Don't misinterpret what I say. I didn't say that online poker would become extinct. I said "there just simply won't be enough new entrants to make it as profitable as it once was." The games will eventually get much harder for the reasons I stated previously.

Online poker is a very different beast than B&M, as well. Brick and Mortars mostly cater to those on vacation that are there to have fun. Online poker is too, to an extent, but losing $200 every week, as opposed to once every half-year is a big diffference. I agree with you on B&Ms being long-term +EV.

Fish DO run out of money. At some point, they'll decide that enough is enough, and that will happen quicker and quicker as the games get more difficult. Some won't, I agree with that, but there won't be many.

Anyone remember the Internet boom of the late 1990s-early 2000s? Why is it that we see a heck of a lot fewer Internet consultants and webmasters these days? Competition got stiffer, the markets dropped out, and all but the best of the best got forced out. It'll happen in online poker too.