Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2005, 03:05 PM

Default What\'s going on

Ok, admittedly I haven't been playing as much as I'd like to in the past month (other obligations), but I used to, and still do play the $5+.5 and $10+1 games on stars, and I have a fair amount of experience.
That said, what has happened in the last week or so of my return has me a little worried. I've seen, and been busted by [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], all-ins PF with 8-7s and K-Q. Both of these were in the first hand (my A-K went down both times).
I'm not upset, if more people want to give money away I'm all for getting the money in as a favorite, but rather my question is this: Have SnGs always been this nuts (have I just been fortunate in the past year/year and a half not to see these) on stars (PP I would expect but on stars it's odd to me), or has the player pool increased rapidly recently (a large influx of players would certainly bring in these types).
Also a subsequent question, has anyone found that loosening their game has helped? I'm to the point where I'm willing to call All-ins in the first level with 9-9 and the like due to seeing 3-3 or K-Q shown on many of these first hand all-ins. I'm just worried about the cascade effect this might have if many players were to become that loose, these lower games would become even more of a crapshoot.

Cody