Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2005, 02:06 AM

Default No-Limit Hold Em Math...How often does he have to fold?

5-10 Blinds No-Limit Game. My stack (610), opponents in this hand cover me. Pre-flop : UTG raises to 40, 1-caller, I call with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the Big Blind. Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]...checked around. Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...I bet 85 (Pot 125)...Pre-Flop raiser raises to 225, other guy folds its one me. Putting this guy on a normal range of hands (Dry Ace, set, 2-pair, bluff 10 percent of time), how often does he have to fold to make pushing all in for 350 more correct? He would have to call 350 and the pot would be 575 after matching his 225. By the way I am sure that just calling is +EV play over time so this is a raise or call situation, I would never fold...does that matter in the math?

Thanks for all replies in advance...I will continue to contribute to this thread I am doing the math too, and think I have a close to correct answer but am not sure I am assuming all the variables