Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Ariehs on tilt after daniel showed the Qd

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. That is so uncalled for. I honestly thought Josh played fairly well up to that hand. Lets not jump to conclusions based on one hand. I thought his call against Phil Ivey was a great one because he figures to have a coin-flip chance and how often do you get such a great chance to knock out Phil. Phil would have easily been the most dangerous opponent there if he accumulated some more chips.

Second, how about Josh losing the minimum possible when David flopped two pair with his A-7 and Josh flopped top pair with his A-J. Josh could have been slowplaying it until the river to come back with a big raise but that 7 on the river was a scare card of sorts.

Thirdly, he made a great laydown with his pocket fives against Daniel's pocket queens. Reminds me of the hand from last year's WSOP where Arieh laid down his made flush because the river card paired the board and he instantly had John Murphy on a made full house. So, it's only fair to mention some of his great laydowns and not just one bad play. Don't get me wrong, I felt he really misplayed the hand as well but that's no-limit for you, one mistake and you're done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh played bad. The 33 was a bad call and he said it himself. If you put Ivey on a range of hands, any reasonable range where he makes a move, then calling with 33 is a bad move. It wasnt the fact that he went in with a coinflip, it was the fact that he went in hoping it was a coinflip.

The AJ vs A7 hand he did well. And the 55 hand wasnt a "great" laydown by any stretch.