Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Problems with TT on loose tables

I think I'm playing TT improperly on loose-passive type tables, as I have a fairly significant -EV with it which is not good for a pair that high.

I know that in SSHE, TT is classified as one of the big pair hands, and the book recommends that you raise and I believe even reraise with it at times. I'm guessing that's an effective strategy if enough players drop out that you can be going heads-up against AK, KQs, etc...

However, at your typical .5/1 table, it's not uncommon that your raise fails to clear out hands that have no business staying in (especially if they've already limped in), and it's typical that post-raise I'm still up against, say, QJo, A7o and K6s, as all of these hands are apt to stick it out at this limit. With this being the case, is a raise REALLY +EV with this hand? Is it an auto-raise hand like KK or AA? I mean, obviously if I'm the first one in and I'm in MP or LP, I pop it, but from EP in a game where raises aren't respected, it just seems too common to have every overcard out there.

Therefore, in this type of game, should I play TT like I do a middle pair (i.e. hope to flop a set or no more than one overcard, otherwise consider folding to a bet)?

Any advice would be lovely.