Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2005, 03:14 PM

Default The ultimate AutoHotKey script?

I discovered autohotkey independently about a week ago and started whipping up some hotkey scripts for Party. After I'd finished, it occurred to me that someone on 2+2 might have already done such a thing, so I searched the archives, but found that none of the scripts really did what I wanted. I went through about a dozen iterations or so and finally came up with this:

WARNING: USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS UNTESTED ON OTHER COMPUTERS AND MAY CAUSE UNDESIRABLE RESULTS. IT MAY CEASE TO FUNCTION AFTER A PARTY UPDATE. YOU SHOULD TEST IT ON PLAY MONEY TABLES BEFORE YOU GET THE HANG OF IT.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~cybrown/poker/pokerkeysV3.zip

Advantages:
-You do not need to position the table windows in any particular locations.
-The mouse cursor never moves, as the button-presses are all done through "behind the scenes" window commands.
-It will work for any number of windows.

There are 2 files, which you should put in the same folder. You'll also need autohotkey (www.autohotkey.com). I can compile the script so that you don't need autohotkey, but I thought people might want to look at the code and modify it to their liking.

When you start the script, it should pause a few seconds, and then draw a big red circle around whatever table window is upper-leftmost on your desktop. Hold the left-mouse button while turning the mousewheel up and down, and the circle will move back and forth. Wherever the circle is, that's what table the hotkeys will control:
Left-mouse + '1' = first action button (usually fold)
Left-mouse + '2' = second action button (usually call)
Left-mouse + '3' = third action button (usually raise)

(all numbers are in the number row, not the keypad)
There are some other all-keyboard shortcuts built into the script...if you understand autohotkey then you can figure them out. Otherwise, if there is interest I will post some additional functionality and customizable features.

Also, left-mouse + middle-click will cause the circled table to move to the "back"...thus if you have notes or other windows under the table, you can easily toggle back and forth between the table and the notes.

There's more, but I wanted to see if anybody liked this/could think of other wanted features. Let me know what you think.

~Magic_Man