Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Video Games and Residual Talents?

I'm pretty new to the poker scene. Having just bought SSHE and signing up here at the 2+2 forums, I still have a lot to learn. Before I decided to give poker a shot however I was a very dedicated gamer. My main game of choice was Starcraft: Broodwar which I still ocassionaly enjoy from time to time. I never went pro just b/c I wasn't willing to make a video game my life (it didn't pay well enough). Before I left the scene a lot of the pro-gamers were leaving broodwars to enter the poker scene. I also thought this was a good idea considering the time I would spend on my computer each day (6+ hours) could be spent towards something that would provide more monetary returns. I stumbled on this article recently that has updated the status of those pro-gamers who have left broodwars to pick up poker. From what I hear, they have applied a lot of the skills required to play high end competitive games to none other than poker. I don't know if you guys are familiar with the pro-gaming scene or broodwars, but I would like to hear some opinions on this.
http://www.gosugamers.net/nyheter.php?i=n&id=2131