Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Cramming for the PPM

With less than a week to go before the cruise (and $10K fixed-limit tourney), I want to cram in some last minute training & preparation.

A little about myself - I started playing poker seriously a little over a year ago, switching from mostly-online to mostly B&M about 3 months ago. Online, I've won about $25K in various (mostly NL) multis, and am beating 3/6 handily. B&M, I've been playing 6/12 and winning pretty consistently there. My biggest live tourney to date was a $1500 PLHE event at the Bellagio last December (in on satellites), in which I had $20K chips at end of the 2nd round (started with $3k, and $0 chips at the end of the 3rd round.

My "training" for the PPM to date has been to play a couple of live $20-40 B&M sessions (I'm not really properly bankrolled for a permanent move up yet), and to play as many limit SNG's and MTT's as I can get in, preferably at $50-$100+ buy-in levels.

Anyone have any other things I might do to prepare myself for this tournament? My basic gameplan is to take advantage of the ultraflat structure (pays down ~ 25% of the field) by playing extremely tight to get in the money, and then let loose to try to make the high money. I'm also trying to think about how to best use my likely image (geeky tight online player) to my advantage.

Any other suggestions? Specific live skills I should be working on? Books or online sites I should read or re-read? Things I should be thinking about or planning?

Thanks in advance...