Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2003, 10:49 PM

Default 3/6 hand at the Taj

After an extended absence, I was back at the tables recently. It took a while to shake off the rust, and I have been bothered by this hand. In hindsight, I can think of several ways to play this that I'd feel better about. However, I really just followed a "tell" and could have just as easily been patting myself on the back for a good laydown. Anyhow, I'd like to hear other opinions. Table was very passive pre-flop and the suits aren't important.

EP limps. I limp from late-middle position with AA.
[I felt since I hadn't raised pre-flop yet, and the table was so passive, a raise would scream AA. Is this an automatic raise?]

Button and both blinds limp as well.

5 see the FLOP of 559 rainbow for one bet each.

The SB perks up and then quickly checks. (I can't fully describe his overall body language, but I felt strongly I had a good tell and he had a 5).

Checked to me, I bet [should I let the button bet? Do I still call the 2 bets when he is checkraised?]. Button calls. SB checkraises (now I'm really convinced he has a 5). BB and EP fold. I call [better to reraise?] as does the button.

3 see the TURN of: 8

SB bets out. I fold (my thinking was I didn't want to pay 2 bets to see his 5). Button calls.

RIVER is a blank (I forget the exact card).

SB and button both check (Doh!). SB shows a 9 and takes it with 9955x. (Ouch!)

Comments/suggestions appreciated.