Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Negreanu and Jesus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are over-reacting to Daniel's journal entry about getting the ride from the black man. He did not come across as prejudiced to me. He is simply acknowledging that stereotypes exists and we are all aware of them even if we do not endorse them. To just pretend that race isn't an issue in our society would be silly.

The thing that I found most interesting in that story was the role that money plays in most peoples lives. So many people are just struggling to get by and yet people like Daniel regularly gamble with such huge sums of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did come across to me as assuming everyone ELSE is prejudiced. The thing that really cracked me up was when he was stating how racist the media is and if you saw Farhenheit 911 you would no what he is talking about.

So you have to see 911 to know that the news is racist? You can't tell that by watching the news? Hmm..... Baaah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how Moore disproves his own point in his movie. He says that fear causes crime in our country. Then he says that as murders went down, news reports of it went up. This disproves his entire thesis in the movie. What a joke that guy is.