Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2002, 10:07 AM

Default Re: River bet?

I check behind. IF you had a larger pair like Qs or Ks then you could bet but what hands would this individual call the flop with? I think betting here is a negative expectation play.

Also, I know a lot of these guys are experts (Sklansky, Malmuth, Ray Zee, etc.) but how does Ray get away with making the statement about your bet will lose a lot here but so what?

What does that mean? If a bet is going to cause you to lose more money a lot of the time, how can it be a good thing?

If you had absolutely nothing and needed to bet the end in a desparate attempt to get the other guy to fold then I could understand Ray's statement. But you have a legitimate hand and there is no need to get him to fold on the end. If he can beat you he's going to call any bet.

I think betting is a horrible play, given the board. What hands will he call with that you can beat? That list is certainly a lot smaller than the list of hands where you are going to lose more money by betting on the end.