Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Life in Liberated Iraq

[ QUOTE ]
My point isn't that Iraq has failed to achieve "the perfect model for a democratic government." My point is that the new government is repressive and abusive, contrary to the impression one garners from the MSM, and much like war opponents like myself predicted, after pointing to other examples of U.S. intervention in poor countries.

[/ QUOTE ]
That may not have been your point, but I think you've set a bar that is almost impossible for a group of people that have lived under the conditions they have. And I think you're doing it because you want them to fail which you will use to show that Bush has failed. Whether or not you believe that is what your doing remains to be seen, but that is the consistent behavior of the anti-bush left since the man was elected the first time.

So my point is, stop holding expectations that you know can't be met, just so you can nitpick the other side. Understand that even our own authorites can be oppressive sometimes, and we've been a republic for 200+ years! Give Iraq a chance.