Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2002, 01:03 AM

Default Re: 15/30 - I was questioned about my play (long)

These players are betting, raising, reraising, etc, and you're worried they're going to fold?

I tend to give no thought to the idea of these kinds of players folding. They sure don't fold when you have 2 pair, believe me. I also (especially on a flushed board) insist on getting maximum action ASAP, in case there are players out there with dry high flush cards who (once they miss the river) will be folding, or in this game, even gutshout straights or low pocket pairs still looking for that elusive spike on the river. Also remember that you don't have a mortal lock on this pot (regardless of how bad they all are, they certainly are capable of having 2 pair or a set at any given moment), so you have to charge the opposition to beat you.

I like the bird in the hand of bets on the turn when I have the nuts and other people are drawing/hoping, rather than the two in the bush, of the river when I have the nuts and all they have is a busted draw.