Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005, 09:00 AM

Default European Poker League Draw Tournament

I'm posting to let the draw players know that there is going to be a "big" draw tournament online on Sunday March 13th. The "European Poker League" is a series of 200 Euro buy-in events being run by 24h Poker. This Sunday's event is pot-limit draw-the event will be at 3PM Central time (so sometime in the evening for the Europeans).

For those who don't want to buy directly in, 24h is running two super-satellites a day for this event. They are both rebuy events-one is a 1.50 Euro and the other a 3 Euro. One 200Euro seat is guaranteed and as many seats as the prize pool allows are awarded-all ofthe leftover money goes to the next player. I qualified this weekend through the 3 Euro rebuy event-while there are some good players, the field is loaded with dead money who won't utilize rebuys properly. Unfortanately for North Americans with 9-5 jobs, the satellites are generally during our day time.

As of yesterday, there were 40 registered players. I'm guessing by the time the satellites are done and players buy-in directly, there will be between 80-100 players, so 1st place will be several thousand Euros. I'm currently the only American registered-I'd like to see a few more [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Since draw is such a dead game (at least in the US), I wonder if there is a B&M draw tournament being held anywhere this year with a bigger buy-in. If not, then I guess this is the "World Championship" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]