Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: shave it?
yes 6 27.27%
no 16 72.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2005, 12:17 AM

Default The Final Answer (I am almost 99% sure here)

EXP:

Player A raises -- player B must now raise AT LEAST THAT AMOUNT...play C at LEAST THE AMOUNT of player B's raise.

EXP: PA raise to 100 -- player B can raise another 100 (200) or more, so lets say he reraises to 300 -- Player C may now reraise also, but it must be a raise that is AT LEAST 200 more (as was player B's). If player C does raise, then BOTH player A and B have a right to reraise when the betting gets back to them no matter what.

If player C just calls, then it is back to player A that CAN raise again if he wishes, as player B had raised him, and if player A just calls, the betting is over.

What happened in your home game is different. Here is why.

Player A canNOT reraise again, because Play B's raise (ALL IN) was LESS THEN 1/2 of the bet before him. Because his bet was less the 1/2 of player A's raise, and player C then just called, player A canNOT reraise here. An ALL IN has to be at least 1/2 the incriment for betting for it to reactivate any reraising.

Now, if player C (who has the right to raise because player A had raised) raises here, the min raise is still $15 (not 16, as B's was not a raise) which totals $31. Player A can reraise here, as player C's valid raise reactivated the betting.

Bottom line:

Any raises must be at least the size of the last raise, and any ALL INs must be at LEAST 1/2 of the current raise limit to activate any further raising from the player making the last raise before his all in (all him BOB). After he acts all in for less then 1/2 the current limit, only raising by other players after him, or who are to react again before BOB, can make it possible for further raising by reraising the last current correct raise amount. Side note, if player D's ALL IN was at least 1/2 the limit, it is a riase, but it does not make the raise limit any higher for the next raise...it ONLY makes it possible for other after to raise again as noted.

final EXP:

A calls the blind
B raises 100
C reraises 100
D goes all in for 225 total
E (has opt to call 225, or raise another 100 to 325)

if E calls,
A can call 225, or raise himself

if A calls,
B can call or raise again

if B calls,
C CAN ONLY CALL, as there were no further activating raises after D was put all in for less the 1/2 the current raise limit.

I will let you figure out who can do what with the different options I did not type out.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE correct me if I am not correct 2+2'ers, but I believe this is correct. Thanks!!!