Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Placing 4th too often

Can anyone help me with some 4 handed tourney strategy? I am consistantly going out in 4th place in sit-n-goes no matter if Im the leader, averaged stacked or short at this point.

During these stages the stakes are usually very high and there is a big raise every hand played. I never seem to get a button spot to steal because the early players are always in for a big raise and my blinds never to get the flop because Im facing a big raise and looking at rags. If I do come over the top I am often called by AX KX or QX and behind anyway. If Im first to act its just darn hard to raise with random rags and try to steal. I also find I get called often enough when I do come in and Im fit or fold on the flop. This justs make my sinking ship sink faster.

Do I just risk it all with an all in and hope to get a lucky bingo before the flop or do I try to bluff the flops when I have no pair no draw and hope the opponant missed and isnt willing to gamble?

The only times I manage to survive past 4th is by catching a monster hand pre flop and having it hold up. In those cases I usually take 2nd or first but this isnt happening often enough to make these profitable for me.

Help