Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Help a B&M rook, please

I have been playing for real money online since October and in that time I have read as much as I can to improve my game. (mostly from this website and the authors who sponsor it). It seems to be effective, in the last month I have won 2 300+ player NL tournaments and placed 8th in a 1000+ player limit tournament on Pokerroom.

Mostly I play ring games at .5/1 or 1/2 and I have been holding my own. I do not have any statistics software and from what I gathered from other posts, BB's won is too "result oriented" to properly evaluate play.

Over the next two months I will be making 4-5 trips to AC for various reasons. Since I am staying at the Trop. I plan to play there. I have never been there before, and my B&M experience consists of 1 trip to the Taj and two days in vegas at the Nugget and Horseshoe.

I figure on taking a bankroll of $500-1000. Any advice to the games at the Trop. or what stakes to play including how much I should sit down with would be greatly appreciated.

I will be there March 19th and 20th so say hello, seal a couple of pots from me or both.