Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Need pointers on more aggresive play...newb here...

Ok first off I am new to the game. I am in my second month of playing. I played mostly ring games where I did very well(2 grand made so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) . Then after reading sshe i bought Harrington's book absolutely loved it and have been playing tourneys for the past week about 8 maybe total. I did play a free roll before I read the book which I won. and made a final table of another free roll. This week I moved on to real money tourneys. I played the pacific 30+3 and finished 9th,63th,72 I think. Been playing the 10+1 pokerstars and have finished 73rd, 98 and 45th I think.

Anyway point of this is that as you can see I get to the top 100 but are pretty short stacked at that point where I have to make tough decisions and pick my spots going all in. I pretty much follow Harrington's tight style,(god please take out that second book soon). I want to know how can I be more aggressive. What book if any will help me with this or what are any pointers you guys have that will help me out with this. I am sick of getting to the top 100 to only be short stacked. Thanks in advance.