Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 01:28 PM

Default A Set, a Donkey, and a Passive Villain

All friendly, helpful, and politely delivered comments are appreciated.

Reads: I have been there 3 orbits, and entered and won one pot with no showdown. Villain 1, whom I will call Donkey, has been losing alot of money at the table since I have been there by raising every other hand and making pot sized bets to the river with second pair. Somehow when i arrived he was at $200 stack but has fallen precipitously since.

The other villain I have seen alot of and have a good read on him as very passive. If he is raising at all watch out, but his calls indicate weak pairs or draws.

Pokerroom 100NL

Seat 1: UTG+1 ($115.50 in chips)
Seat 2: Donkey ($107.00 in chips)
Seat 3: Hero [9D,9H] ($123.00 in chips)
Seat 4: MP 2 ($88.00 in chips)
Seat 5: Passive Villain ($126.00 in chips)
Seat 6: Button ($139.00 in chips)
Seat 7: SB ($28.00 in chips)
Seat 8: BB($54.00 in chips)
Seat 10: UTG ($60.00 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($1), BB posts blind ($2).

Hero has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP
UTG folds, UTG +1 folds, Donkey bets $6, Hero calls $6, MP 1 folds, Passive Villain calls $6, everyone else folds.

FLOP (Pot = $21) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Donkey bets $16, Hero calls $16, Passive villain calls $16

Its a great flop for me. But I don't want to chase the passive villain out of the hand or let the Donkey off the hook. I expect the passive villain to call here with any pair, but not if I raise. And he will call the Donkey down with even a strong second pair. So I call in the hopes that I can get them both committed and risk the draw. Mistake?

TURN (Pot = 69) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Donkey bets $16, Hero raises to $40, Passive villain folds, Donkey raises all-in to $85, Hero calls.

I bet to induce the all-in, but am still hoping the other villain calls. Anyone just call here?