Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: 20-40 Commerce Cold 4 Bet

"if i were to check raise the flop and i get 3-bet, i'm still calling down right?"

nah. it would mean he has to have you badly beat. you can fold then. or call down, it doesnt really matter. you lose two bets extra when youre beat but you get all sorts of extra bets from the other stragglers the times youre ahead or spike a Q on the river.

"i can't do the math but the only hands i could put him on was AA, KK, AKs, QQ, JJ..."

nah he could have other hands, all anyone has done in the hand is check and call so he could bet any pair on the turn and think it's probably still good.

"after he bet the river the only hands I put him on was AA, KK, QQ, JJ, no player like that would bet into 4 opponenets with AK..."

ive seen stranger things.

"i figured i want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible, was i wrong?"

no that's fine. i just think that a turn raise here would have a bit more edge because of the sb and other guy calling along. and preflop capper may even slow down with a better hand sometimes. higher limits most everyone would repump again there with AA and KK so the turn checkraise is tougher call there, but most 20-40 players are too scared too often and theyll just call down with KK there.