Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2002, 11:03 PM

Default Allin Preflop...

I was playing PL Omaha...$0.25/$0.50 blinds. I recieved AAQ3 double suited (Clubs and Hearts) and limped. One mid player limped, and the cutoff raised pot. Folded back to me, I reraised pot, forcing it headsup. My opponent reraised pot again and I raised allin for a total of $98.

I am pretty new to this game, just starting playing somewhat seriously this week. I was afraid of being outplayed after the flop and thought I'd be better off getting allin preflop with this hand. Was this a decent assumption? I figured he must have had AA also, probably something like AA2x single suited...

The ending board showed: 65Q87, no flush and I got quartered to his hand: AsAd4c3c

He said his hand was clearly superior preflop, but i cannot see how. Is the counterfeit protection afforded by the 4 THAT important? For that to come into play, both the low would need to hit AND one of the two remaining 3s would need to show up. He is suited, but I have bigger in the suit. Does his straight possibility make up for it?

If his suited 43 would have been ie diamonds, would that change assessments?