Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Live Hand, 100NL: AA on the BB

Please tell me I'm not going crazy. Please tell me this is how your supposed to play this everytime. I need some advice.

Playing live 100NL, I'm BB with AA, a bunch of folks limp to me 3$, I raise PF to 20$ (mostly I wanted to get some value out of my aces and I figured at least 1 person would call me, I havent got much action all night, let alone a good hand like this). Folded around to the SB who decided to call my 20$ PF raise.

Flop comes 5s,6c,8s

Villian bets out 20$ on the flop. He had sat down about 6-7 hands earlier so I really didnt get a good read. Right here, I'm thinking he's taking a shot at the pot, hoping I missed the flop with something like A,K or A,Q. I did, for a split second think he may have been playing pocket pairs, and hit his set. I just dont see how I could get away from my aces.

I push here all in (~120ish) he calls immediatly, he flips over 7c,9c for the made strait on the flop). I know this kind of thing will happen from time to time. And from previous experience, this sort of play has been netting me some nice pots, just not this time. I guess in the long run, I dont really mind having my Aces cracked by someone who would call a PF raise with that kind of hand, this is what we want right?

Is there anything I could have done differently? Push PF?? I get no action. I would greatly appreciate some advice on this situation, even if it's just "Hey it happens, play it again the same way everytime".

Thank you very much folks.