Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2005, 02:17 PM

Default No end in sight!

No real hand history posts to post. This is more of a what should I do post.

A year ago I was a 2-4 limit player who burned through his bankroll on a big downswing. I dont have any stats for my play there but I was underfunded with only a 400 bankroll. I went up to 900 before I spent half of it and then my downswing hit and gobbled up the rest. 3 months ago I decided loaded up with $100 and hit the .50 - 1.00. I did pretty good running it up to $300 before hitting a wall and slowly bled off all of that bankroll. My stats over 2500 hands showed me as a semi loose agg/passive player. Ok, I decided to really look at my game.
I bought poker tracker loaded my hands studied and I found out I win money in every other position but the blinds. I vowed to fold more from the blinds. I also saw that I was playing second pair too much. I cut that out too.
Two weeks ago I reloaded with 300 bucks and went after it vowing to play Tight Agressive. Well I have. After losing $75 on Empire I went to UB and tried to change my bad luck. No dice. I got beaten up for $50 there over the weakend. Two hands explaing my long losing streak.
AA on ragged flop losing to K,10o when he runner runner's two pair. Or flop the wheel and lose to runner runer flush who didn't even have any bussiness in the hand to begin with. Thats been my luck. Now for some recent stats.
last 1500 hands VP$P= 20% W$WSD=29% PFA=6.5 AGGF=2.2 W$WSF 221% AMT Won -$184.

Ok. Am I cursed? How long can this go on. A year ago I was a winning player at 2-4. Now I just bleed chips with winning hands over the last 6 months. I am sooo frustrated. Im ready to kill a live chicken if I have too. Someone please tell me that 5000 hand 400 bb downswings are fairly normal. I am pretty sure thats how long this one has lasted.

Any help is appeciated. I would be willing to e-mail my db to the right person to look over. I know I have some leaks, but those are minor.